Review the entire CDR CIB carefully. It contains far more information than what you see below in this post.
This post focuses on what to expect when you sit down in front of the Pearson VUE testing computer.
The CDR Candidate Information Booklet (CIB) says:
(STATE OF FLORIDA - Candidate Information Booklet for the CERTIFIED DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE LAWS AND RULES EXAMINATION - Always check for the latest published version)
- Before you begin the examination, you will have an opportunity to go through a tutorial on the computer.
- You'll have 15-30 minutes to take the tutorial (the CIB is inconsistent on the duration; 15 vs 30 mins).
- The time you spend on the tutorial will NOT reduce the time allotted for taking your examination. When you feel comfortable with the computer testing unit, you may begin your examination. The time of the examination begins the moment you look at the first question on your examination.
- You'll have 90 minutes to take the exam
- The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions
- Read all instructions carefully.
- For best results, pace yourself by periodically checking your progress. This will allow you to make any necessary adjustments.
- Be sure to record an answer for each question, even the items about which you are not completely sure. You can note the questions you wish to reconsider on the computer testing system and return to them later.
- Alert a Proctor or Test Center Manager to any problems that may occur during the examination. Do not wait until the examination is over to inform someone about a problem.
Scoring Procedures and Notification of Results:
- All questions are equally weighted. The minimum percentage score needed to pass has been set at seventy-five percent (75 %.)
- All candidates will receive an official photo-bearing exam result report immediately following completion of their examination.
The Pearson VUE Webpages Share Information For Test Takers:
About Pearson VUE Exams: This tutorial is provided to help you become familiar with Pearson VUE exam software. Remember, the CIB says the exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions.
Pearson VUE Computer-Based Testing Demo: This demo prompts you to interact with what you see on the computer screen. By clicking around, you'll get more comfortable with the testing software.
Test Taker Tips (video) - Free tips and advice on how to get ready for the exam.
Return Home: The Designated Representative and Exemptee Blog
CA HMDR Exemptee online internet-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc.
The Exemptee Institute
NEW! CA Designated Representative-3PL online training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc.- We'll send you the 3PL training affidavit upon successful course completion.
CA Designated Representative online web-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. - Available around-the-clock 24 x 7
FL Certified Designated Representative (CDR) online exam prep course - Lots of practice exams - Practice makes perfect!
The Designated Representative Institute
The Designated Rep and Exemptee Professionals Blog
SkillsPlus Intl Info Blog