Image via WikipediaUpdated 1/18/2013
I hate that they took down this FAQ PDF! However, it's back up in 2013, so I've re-linked it below. Here's what we offered in the spirit of FAQs, when the HMDR FAQs were down:
CA Exemptee FAQs
Here's something you might find helpful, The CA Home Medical Device Retailer (HMDR) licensing program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are the questions that are answered:
- What is an HMDR business and who needs an HMDR license from the DHS, Food and Drug Branch?
- Where can I get an HMDR license application and what are the fees?
- Are there exceptions to the kinds of facilities that are required to have an HMDR license?
- What is the licensing process and how long does the process take?
- Can I operate my HMDR business without a valid license?
- After my facility is inspected, how long afterwards must I wait for my facility license?
- If my facility fails to meet compliance standards, what happens?
- If I move or sell my business, can my license be transferred?
- What is a Temporary License, and what are the criteria for receiving one?
- What are dangerous or “legend” devices?
- I wish to dispense legend medical devices from my HMDR. Do I need a special license?
- How can I obtain an HMDR exemptee license?
- Can I obtain an exemptee license without working at a HMDR facility?
- What about HMDR renewal inspections? How frequently are they conducted, and what are some common violations found?
- How can I get a copy of the HMDR Law and/or guidance on requirements?
CA HMDR Exemptee online internet-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc.
The Exemptee Institute
NEW! CA Designated Representative-3PL online training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc.- We'll send you the 3PL training affidavit upon successful course completion.
CA Designated Representative online web-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. - Available around-the-clock 24 x 7
FL Certified Designated Representative (CDR) online exam prep course - Lots of practice exams - Practice makes perfect!
The Designated Representative Institute
The Designated Rep and Exemptee Professionals Blog
SkillsPlus Intl Info Blog